The information we collect
When you create an account or place an order at thefeltfairy.com we ask for your email address, name, address and phone number. We do not directly collect or store your payment details. These are collected by the organisations we use to process payments. Please see 'Who we share your information with and why' below.
When you register for our newsletter we ask for your name and email address.
When you use the Contact Form at thefeltfairy.com we ask for your name and email address, and detail of your enquiry.
Why we need this information
There are a number of legal bases we rely to collect, use and share this information:
- as required to provide our services, eg fulfilling orders, settling disputes, administering our loyalty discount scheme and providing customer support.
- when you have provided consent for us to contact you through our newsletter - you can revoke this consent at any time by unsubscribing.
- to comply with legal obligations such as tax law
- for our legitimate interest, as long as these are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as to provide and improve our services. We use the information to provide the services you have requested, and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Who we share your information with and why
When you place an order at thefeltfairy.com your personal information may be shared, for very limited and specific purposes.
- We share your name, address and phone number with trusted delivery companies, solely for the purpose of delivering your order to you.
- If we sell or merge the business it may be necessary to disclose your information as part of the transfer, but only to the extent permitted by law.
- Legal compliance: we may collect, use, retain or share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain your data for different lengths of time depending on the circumstances:
- If you have created an account at thefeltfairy.com but have not placed an order, your information will be deleted after 1 year.
- If you have placed an order at thefeltfairy.com we will retain transaction details for 7 years in order to meet our obligations under tax law. If at this point, you are still an active customer (have placed an order with us during the previous 2 years) we will continue to retain your information so that you continue to receive the automatic loyalty discount applied to orders from repeat customers.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter we will retain the name and email address you supplied until such a time as you unsubscribe from our newsletter. At this point your name and email address will be deleted.
- If you have used the Contact Form at thefeltfairy.com we will only keep any information you supplied through this form for the length of time it takes to deal with your enquiry.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For the purposes of EU data protection law, the data controller for thefeltfairy.com is Helen Macintyre. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal data you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Helen Macintyre, The Felt Fairy, Green Hayes, Broad Street, Brixworth, NN6 9EB, UK